Trinity Hill The Gimblett Gimblett Gravels 2019

Trinity Hill The Gimblett Gimblett Gravels 2019

  • £22.00
    Unit price per 
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.

Region: Hawkes Bay, New Zealand

Vintage: 2019

Bottle size: 75cl

Grape: 54% Cabernet Sauvignon 43% Cabernet Franc 3% Tempranillo

ABV: 13.5%

Deep purple in colour, this wine boasts aromas of blackberries along with savoury hints of bramble, fresh cedar, liquorice, vanilla and toast. The Cabernet Franc lends beauty and fragrance to the elegance and restrained power of the Cabernet Sauvignon. On the palate, pure blackcurrant flavours, savoury oak, fine-grained tannins and juicy acidity combine effortlessly to produce a concentrated, textural palate that powers to a long and satisfying finish.

Fruit is sourced from Trinity Hill's own sites in the Gimblett Gravels in the wider Hawkes Bay area. For the 2019 vintage, 94% came from Gimblett Stones and the remaining 6% from Gimblett Estate. Soils consist of river shingle deposited by the Ngaruroro River, and are extremely free draining and of low fertility. Each of the sites produce relatively small crops with intensely-flavoured, deep-coloured grapes.

Founded in 1993, by winemaker John Hancock together with Robert and Robyn Wilson, owners of The Bleeding Heart and The Don in London, Trinity Hill has become a byword for quality and consistency. In 2021, Trinity Hill was bought by a group of New Zealand private investors who are passionate about the wine industry, including Director, Mitch Plaw and his business partners, Craig Turner, Mark Sandelin and Michael Nock. Winemaker Warren Gibson has been with Trinity Hill since 1997. He is also in charge of the 80 hectares of vineyard owned by Trinity Hill and knows Hawkes Bay and the Gimblett Gravels exceptionally well. The wines reflect this. Warren and his team make wines that show the best of what Hawkes Bay and the Gimblett Gravels can produce.