John Duval Annexus Barossa Valley Grenache 2019

John Duval Annexus Barossa Valley Grenache 2019

  • £40.00
    Unit price per 
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.


John Duval Annexus Barossa Valley Grenache

Region: Barossa Valley, South Australia

Vintage: 2019

Bottle size: 75cl

Grape: Grenache

ABV: 14%

Notes: Vegetarian, vegan

Bright ruby red in colour, with lifted notes of raspberry, red cherry, and floral hints apparent on the nose. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, with generous layers of elegant red fruits accompanied by plenty of savoury spice and velvety tannins that ease into a long, pure finish.

Fruit for the Annexus Grenache is sourced from two very old, low-yielding Barossa vineyards. One lies in the Barossa Valley, south of Tanunda and is over 100 years old, planted with bush vines that produce 20% of the grapes used. The other vineyard is in Eden Valley and was planted in the 1860s, producing the remaining 80%. John obtained a small allocation from the older vineyard for the first time in 2013. This limited production wine will be made only in the very best years.

One of the world’s great winemakers, John Duval was given the ‘Grange’ torch by Max Schubert, the man who created Australia’s most famous wine. John passed it on to his successor when he left Penfolds in 2003 to start his own label. He sources fruit from long-time friends in the Barossa, all of whom own vineyards with vines aged from 50 to over 100 years old. The wines are made with minimal intervention and showcase the best of the Barossa.

https://www.johnduvalwines.com